Test Restaurant Page
This is not a real restaurant.
This is a test page for a catalog add-on we're adding to pages, to see how it responds to different types of items. Here we're using food.
The catalog lets you sell a few simple items, which you can add, change and categorise as you like. Each item can have an image, description, price, even a variation like size or colour.
The catalog allows you to collect orders for items you have for sale, but requires you organise payment and delivery yourself. It's not a full ecommerce system.
The catalog appears near the bottom of the page, under the photo gallery and above the noticeboard if you have one.
We've tried to keep a balance between simplicity and function so you can manage it yourself. Things like organising categories and resizing images are done automatically for you.
How It Works
The catalog can hold up to 50 items in total. These are listed alphabetically as a scrolling list of product cards.
You can group items together into categories, simply by giving them category names. All items with the same category name appear together. Categories are automatically created or removed as required.
Products are always visible, with prices and options shown, but Visitors must be signed-in to place an order.
The visitor selects an item that interests them, adjusts the quantity and selects a variation if there are any. Then they press Add to Cart.
They can freely choose more items, of different variations of the same item.
They complete the order by tapping 'Send Order'.
A shopping cart shows their order, with a simple calculation of pricing. Their order is sent to the page owner for processing, with a message of success, or if there was a problem.
A few seconds later you receive an email with the customer's contact details and their choices. You will need to contact the customer to arrange payment and delivery.
- It's free.
- It stores up to 50 items.
- Items can be added and changed at will.
- Images are automatically resized for you.
- Each item has a name, description, price, and pop up banner.
- You can make copies of items to add stock quickly.
- You can have one variation per item, such as colour.
- Items are sorted alphabetically for you.
- Items can be grouped into categories.
- Categories are created automatically for you.
- Cart will show qty x price and totals.
- You can specify roughly where you deliver to: Local Only, Regional, Australia Wide or International.
- Freight can be ignored, set to 'ask', a fixed rate, or Free if over a certain amount.
- An appropriate freight message and charge will be shown in the cart.
- It's fast. No forms to fill out.
- There is only 1 type of variation per item. Eg Size or Colour, but not both.
- Category names must be typed for each item that uses them.
- Only one price per item. Cart cannot do complex math, discounts etc.
- There is no stock control, but you can hide out of stock items.
- No payment facility is provided. You will need to handle this.
- You'll get an email with the order details and have to contact the customer to arrange payment and delivery.
- Visitor must be signed-in to order.
Despite limitations, this is still useful if you have few items to sell, the items are unique, or you don't need stock control, or where you deliberately want to talk to the customer further.
Article updated 22/11/2020