We need images of our region's tourist attractions, natural wonders, and local history, to help us promote Albany as a prime tourist destination.
We also need story's that tell the rich heritage of our historic first settlement, how it affected our lives and shaped our future.
In return, we credit you as the author or photographer, with a link to a short bio about you and how to contact you if you wish. Unfortunately, we don't pay anything.
We're looking for articles that tell an interesting story.
Firstly, what happened, when, how, and who to, followed by what is there now, how it evolved and why it's interesting.
Create the desire for a visitor to want to see things for themselves, experience it, find out how the story ends.
We may edit your article to make it fit, enhance the story, correct factual errors or add missing information.
Your article should...
- Be your own work, not downloaded from a website.
- Include accurate facts where facts are used.
- Tell a story such that a visitor would be interested to find out more.
- Be less than 1900 characters and preferably spell checked.
We want photos that look real, and represent what a visitor would normally see if they went there.
We're not interested in artistic images that use filters, wide angles, zoom lenses, have long exposures or show once off events.
We may use all or part of your images, and crop or adjust them as required. An image may appear in several places in our website.
Your photo should...
- Be your own image, not downloaded from a website.
- Be a clear image of something in particular, preferably without you in it.
- Be of something that is always there, or happens regularly, like once a month, or every year.
- Be a natural looking image. Your phone is okay if it has a good camera.
- Be left as it is. Please don't crop, re-size, filter or manipulate it.
Article updated 02/09/2015.