Test Restaurant Page
This is not a real restaurant.
This is a test page for a catalog add-on we're adding to pages, to see how it responds to different types of items. Here we're using food.
The catalog lets you sell a few simple items, which you can add, change and categorise as you like. Each item can have an image, description, price, even a variation like size or colour.
The catalog allows you to collect orders for items you have for sale, but requires you organise payment and delivery yourself. It's not a full ecommerce system.
The catalog appear near the bottom of the page, under the photo gallery and above the noticeboard if you have one.
We've tried to keep a balance between simplicity and function so you can manage it yourself. Things like organising categories and resizing images are done automatically for you.
How It Works
The catalog can hold up to 60 items in total. These are listed alphabetically as a scrolling list of product cards.
You can group items together into categories, simply by giving them category names. All items with the same category name appear together. Categories are automatically created or removed as required.
Products are always visible, with prices and options shown, but Visitors must be signed-in to place an order.
The visitor selects items that interests them, adjust the quantity and select a variation, if available.
Only these items selected are part of the order. To complete the order, they click 'Order Now'.
A shopping cart appears showing their order, with a simple calculation of pricing, and instructions to explain what happens next. Once confirmed, their order is sent to the page owner for processing, with
a message of success, or if there was a problem.
A few seconds later you receive an email with the customer's contact details and their choices. You will need to contact the customer to arrange payment and delivery.
- It's free.
- It stores up to 60 items.
- Items can be added and changed at will.
- Images are automatically resized for you.
- Each item has a name, description, price, and pop up banner.
- You can make copies of items to add stock quickly.
- You can have one variation per item, such as colour.
- Items are sorted alphabetically for you.
- Items can be grouped into categories.
- Categories are created automatically for you.
- Cart will show qty x price and totals.
- It's fast. No forms to fill out.
- There is only 1 type of variation per item. Eg Size or Colour, but not both.
- Only one variation per item, per order. Eg 5 Big, but not 3 Big and 2 Small.
- Category names must be typed for each item that uses them.
- Only one price per item. Cart cannot do complex math, discounts etc.
- There is no stock control. You can hide out of stock items.
- Freight can be ignored, set to 'ask', a fixed rate, or Free if over a certain amount.
- An appropriate freight message and charge will be shown in the cart.
- You can specify roughly where you deliver to: Local Only, Regional, Australia Wide or International.
- A delivery widget will show your delivery options and if you are currently open or not.
- No payment facility is provided. You will need to handle this.
- You'll get an email with the order details and have to contact the customer to arrange payment and delivery.
- Visitor must be signed-in to order.
Despite limitations, this is still useful if you have few items to sell, the items are unique, or you don't need stock control, or where you deliberately want to talk to the customer further.
Article updated 06/03/2019.